We’re ready to help overcome the winter weather. Are you prepared? Contact us immediately for your emergency storm related needs at (800) 252-0043.
Winter storm season is upon us. NESCO Rentals has several service locations located in and around potentially affected areas and we’ll be ready with our partners in the utility industry to assist.
NESCO Rentals advises customers to be prepared for service interruptions. It’s a good idea to have a number of working flashlights, at least one battery-operated radio and an extra supply of batteries in your home. Utilities offers the following tips for customers to minimize inconvenience and maximize safety in the event that storm-related power interruptions do occur. Those who experience outages should call their utility outage line immediately to expedite restoration.
- Never touch downed power lines, and always assume that any fallen lines are live electric wires. If you see one, report it immediately to your utility company or your local emergency response organization.
- If you use a generator to supply power during an outage, be sure to operate it outdoors. Before operating generators, disconnect from your utility system by shutting off the main breaker located in the electric service panel. Failure to do this could jeopardize the safety of line crews and the public.
- If you lose power, turn off any appliances that were on when the power went off, but leave one light on so you will know when power is restored.
- Power problems can sometimes interrupt public water supply systems or disable well pumps, so it’s an especially good idea to keep a supply of bottled drinking water handy, as well as some canned food.
- People who depend on electric-powered life support equipment, such as a respirator, should let your utility know. To register as a life support customer, call the company’s Customer Service Center.
- Check on elderly family members, neighbors and others who may need assistance during an outage period.
NESCO Rentals is a leading equipment and service provider for the utility industry. NESCO’s inventory includes aerial devices, boom trucks, cranes, diggers, drills, stringing gear, trailers and specialty tools for dozens of industries including: foundation, telecommunications, utility construction, and many others.